About Me

My photo
Hi. My Name is Paulo. I love number 8. My dream is to score a movie and win an Oscar for that. =P I've created this blog as an outlet to share my ideas, insights, opinions, interests, experiences, learnings, and my life. Don't ask me how to be a good writer because I am not and I will never be. When you wake up one day, and all you want to do is write, then you can call yourself a writer. That's how simple life is. =)

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The letter that started it all...


Love… 

It has made every intelligent person a whole lot stupid than usual, and its hilarious really. Holding on, taking hold, looking into the bright side, hoping for a silver lining - it’s all too much. But still, we consciously drown ourselves in it. Why? Its something extreme, radical, volatile, unpredictable. Not knowing what’s on the bend gives us the chills and the thrills. It gives us a natural high, something not even a powerful, controlled drug can stir. Though sometimes, at the height of the flight, something, or someone, shoots us down. Nothing, not even an Olympic-sized trampoline, can break the impact of the fall. And so you get crushed and squished like a pancake. Yet as stupid as you are, you climb another cliff and give it another shot. 

Stupid, masochistic… 

So what do you do? Do you cower inside your shell, where it’s safe? Do you draw back to the usual, controlled environment you’ve been accustomed to? You surround yourself with the things you are familiar with, indulge in the things that comfort you, splurge in the constant and unchanging nature you created. Sure, you can do that - trite, and dull as hell though. 

Sweet lemon, substitution, cowardice… 

Life is about taking risks - or so I believed. And I don’t wanna spend this short span of existence in a fixed situation just because I don’t wanna get hurt. 

I want it all… 

I want it all… 

In the face of uncertainty, i grin. I know a great adventure is up ahead. And although I might get burned in this fire dance, I know I’ll be just fine. Let me cry a while, then you will see me soon, even more luminous than when you last saw me. 

Am I stupid? Maybe, maybe not. 

I just wanna live. Let me live. Let me love you. 

You fear for me? Don’t. You are worth the risk. Let me do this. I’m happy. I know what I want. And it’s you. I love you. I love loving you. 

And yes, I do realize that you need to learn how to fly. Every angel has his time of trying and learning to soar. And here, I await your return, when your wings are singed, when you get flustered from the painstaking but rewarding flight. 

I need to love. I need to live. But I don’t need you so I can live. I can live without you. ITS JUST THAT I CHOSE NOT TO. 

I will just be right here, waiting. 

Be with me.. I need you now... Right Here and Now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment